Instant GraphQL API
Just define your data model, deploy and get a production ready GraphQL API with filters, pagination, sorting, mutations using industry best practices.
Slicknode automatically generates a fully functional CMS with forms, sorting and sophisticated filters based on your data model and permissions.
Authentication & Authorization
- Built-In authentication and authorization with complex rules that span multiple DB tables.
- Declaratively define permission rules for your schema using GraphQL. Slicknode automatically applies the necessary filters when fetching the data. Say good bye to complex SQL queries.
Rich Data Modeling Capabilities
Slicknode gives you a powerful toolset to model even the most complex applications.
- Flexible relation modeling for all standard relation types (1:n, 1:1, n:m).
- Support for custom edge types, for example a Membership can have a flag
- Advanced types like Interfaces or Enum types
- Type extensions allow the extension of database tables across modules
- Additional scalar types like
Decimalfor large numbers
Custom NodeJS Runtime
Serverless runtime to extend the functionality of Slicknode with anything you need
Use any npm module, slicknode automatically installs dependencies and deploys a fully functional module
Smart dependency caching for fast build times
Dependency management per module. Multiple versions possible in different modules in the same project.
Fully Managed Backend
- Fully managed infrastructure
- Automated backups
- Automatic health checks and replacement of failing parts of the infrastructure
- Redundant architecture for maximum availability
Scale the components of the cloud resources independently.
The Slicknode architecture is modular from the core:
- Reuse functionality across projects: Build once, use everywhere
- Keep your code organized by separating the logic into modules
- Work with large teams on the same project without hassle
- Automatic resizing, cropping etc.
- Upload the images once, request URLs in the sizes that you need on demand.
- Delivery and caching via global CDN for optimum performance
- Cloud file storage for large objects (up to 5GB)
- Works seamlessly with the authentication & authorization modules to create complex access rules
- Caching and delivery via global CDN for optimum performance
- Setup any number of environments with the same project
- Develop features on a separate branch and merge later using the version control system of your choice (Git etc.)
- Environments for each stage (prod, develop, stage etc.)
- Environments for each developer (develop-john, develop-richard etc.)
- Use environment for multiple customers (SaaS infrastructure.)